2017 May Classes
General Class Information:
- All classes meet at the Charlottesville Waldorf School.
- Class fees for 4-week,1-hour classes are $100 (BRIMS members pay $90).
- BRIMS Memberships are $45 for an individual, $70 for a family. Membership year runs September-September.
- Membership in BRIMS is not a prerequisite for participation in classes. Click here to join.
- There is a 10% discount in price for subsequent classes for additional family members *or* for individuals taking more than one BRIMS class. Discount is applied to second & subsequent classes (not overall total).
- Special deal for soft shoe/beginner hard shoe class combo! For students taking any soft shoe class, students may enroll in a beginner hard shoe for a 20% discount!
For more information or to register for classes, please email us at email@example.com
May TUESDAY CLASS SCHEDULE
TUESDAY CLASSES: May 9th, 16th, 23rd, & 30th
Music Theory for Irish Musicians
What's the actual difference between a jig, a slip jig, and a hop jig? What does "mixolydian" mean? How do accompanists know what key we're in and what chords to use? This class will answer these questions and more about how to understand the structure of Irish music, and how to apply it to your playing. Instruction will be hands-on and by ear, so please bring your instrument! And no, you don't need to know how to read sheet music.
Intro to Irish Fiddle
Bridge Ensemble is a performance group for students ages 9-13 who have progressed in their instrumental skills and are ready to work in a more intensive environment. By permission.
Intermediate Irish Fiddle
May 9th & May 20th
For intermediate players who have at least a little experience in Irish music. Build your Irish music repertoire and work on Irish fiddle technique.
MAY THURSDAY DANCE CLASS SCHEDULE
Thursday Classes: May 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th
Ages 5-7 (for absolute beginners)
Irish Dance Movement Class
Teresa Williams & Marina Madden
A class for strengthening and perfecting technique. This class will focus on technique in leaps, skips, jumps and other basic Irish dance movements. All ages and skill levels welcome.
Ceili (pronounced KAY-lee) dances are group, social dances that have been composed and are comprised of different figures. This class will break down one ceili over the four weeks and work towards getting through all figures. Minimum 2 years dance experience preferred.
Intro to Sean Nos dance
Sean nos (old style) dance is a percussive dance that predates the highly stylized performance-type Irish dance popularized by Riverdance. Some previous dance experience needed.
Beginner Teen/Adult Soft Shoe